Teriyaki Patty Recipe From The Vegan 8
If you’re excited by including a brand new plant-based recipe on your arsenal and wish to be sure it’s person who’s filled with taste and certain to delight everybody at your desk, you’re going to like lately’s visitor put up from Brandi Doming, author of The Vegan 8 weblog and writer of the brand new cookbook, The Vegan 8: 100 Simple, Delicious Recipes Made with 8 Ingredients or Less.
These Teriyaki Patties are my best-loved patties so far and take advantage of scrumptious burgers. They are flavored with teriyaki sauce, candy caramelized onions, toasted sesame seeds, and garlic. They are so hearty and chewy, and so they don’t fall aside.
Be certain to make use of quick-cooking oats (now not outdated) — they’re an important to the feel and binding. For a spicier burger patty, upload within the crimson pepper flakes. If now not, building up the black pepper to a few⁄four teaspoon.
The Vegan 8 Teriyaki Patties Recipe
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Yields: 6 huge patties
- 1⁄2 cup (90g) dry brown jasmine or long-grain rice
- 1⁄four teaspoon (2g) wonderful salt
- 1⁄2 packed cup (80g) finely diced crimson onion
- 1⁄2 cup (120g) Sesame Teriyaki Sauce or store-bought
- three tablespoons (27g) toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons (8g) garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2g) floor black pepper
- 1⁄four to at least one⁄2 teaspoon (zero.five to 1g) crimson pepper flakes (non-compulsory)
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium chickpeas, tired and rinsed, or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked (255g)
- 6 tablespoons (60g) brown rice flour
- three⁄four cup (75g) gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- Optional: buns, lettuce, tomato slices, and any burger toppings desired, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the rice, 1 cup (240g) water, and 1⁄four teaspoon salt to a medium pot and stir. Bring to a boil, quilt, cut back the warmth to low, and simmer for 30 to 35 mins or till the entire water is long past. Remove from the warmth (stay lined), and let it steam for five mins. Fluff with a fork and go away exposed for 15 mins to chill.
- Meanwhile, upload the onion and three tablespoons (45g) water to a pan over medium-low warmth. Bring to a simmer, prepare dinner five mins, stirring every so often, till the onions are comfortable. Once the water is long past, stir the onions repeatedly for a few mins to brown them. Add the onions to a meals processor, in conjunction with the teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, garlic powder, black pepper, and, if desired, crimson pepper flakes. Pulse to mix the spices with the sauce and get a divorce the onions slightly, however now not puree them. Add the chickpeas and pulse a number of occasions to get a divorce the chickpeas into tiny items, however don’t puree them. Add the cooled rice, rice flour, and oats, and pulse a number of occasions till all of it comes in combination into sticky chunks. You need the mix to carry in combination however don’t wish to overmix it.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl. Use a 1⁄2-cup measuring cup to scoop out the chickpea combination, urgent it into the cup to flatten it. Plop the patty out into your hand, form right into a ball, and position at the ready pan. Press down till the chickpea combination is 1 inch thick, and form the perimeters right into a spherical patty. Repeat the process with the remainder chickpea combination to get 6 patties overall.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 mins, turn them over, and bake 10 extra mins. Let cool for 10 to 15 mins. The patties company up at the insides so much as they cool.
- To serve, I really like to decorate buns with a variety of teriyaki sauce, lettuce, and further sesame seeds, however select no matter toppings you like. Store leftover patties within the refrigerator wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and positioned in an hermetic container. These reheat neatly within the microwave and likewise within the oven on low warmth.
Nutrition according to patty: 191 energy | three.8g fats | 6.5g protein | 33.3g carbs | three.8g fiber | three.8g sugar | 513mg sodium
Tip: If you are making my home made teriyaki sauce (recipe under!), make it the day sooner than or early within the day in order that it’s chilled and thickened. Also, in the event you don’t have chickpeas available, white beans of any type will paintings.
Sesame Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Prep: 10 mins
prepare dinner: three mins
Yields: 1 1⁄four cups
- three⁄four cup (180g) coconut aminos
- 1⁄four cup + 2 tablespoons (100g) natural maple syrup
- 1⁄2 packed tablespoon (8g) minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon (4g) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (3g) finely choppedfresh chives
- 1⁄2 tablespoon (5g) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon (10g) brown rice flour
- 1⁄16 to at least one⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add the coconut aminos, maple syrup, 1⁄four cup (60g) water, ginger, garlic, chives, and sesame seeds to a small pot, and whisk in combination neatly. Add the brown rice flour, whisking till there are not any lumps. Add the cayenne. Turn the warmth to medium, and produce to a low boil. Cook for three to five mins or till the mix starts to thicken, whisking across the edges a few occasions whilst it chefs. Be cautious to not prepare dinner it too lengthy or it’ll get too thick as soon as cooled.
- Remove from the warmth, and let cool for five mins. It will have to have a syrup consistency because it cools. If it’s now not a syrup consistency after a couple of mins of cooling, prepare dinner only a couple extra mins. This will also be frozen for as much as 6 months. Thaw it within the refrigerator, after which reheat on low at the range.
Nutrition according to 1⁄four cup: 104 energy | zero.6g fats | zero.4g protein | 23g carbs | zero.3g fiber | 12g sugar | 43mg sodium
Does this recipe have you ever yearning a hearty, vegan meal? —Brandi Doming