Sarah Cummings, Sub-Elite RunnerAli On The Run
“I knew issues have been going to resolve someday… But having a look again, I don’t know if I’d’ve executed issues in a different way.” —Sarah Cummings
Few other folks have a piece ethic like Sarah Cummings. Sarah, a 2:34 marathoner, lives in New York City the place she runs for the New York Athletic Club and is a two-time New York Road Runners Runner of the Year. Sarah works lengthy hours within the finance trade along with operating 100-mile weeks — on occasion come with 20-mile run commutes! On this episode, Sarah — who’s a former aggressive determine skater who graduated with most sensible honors from Princeton University — talks about getting back from a grueling hamstring harm to run an Olympic qualifying time on the California International Marathon.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali at the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wi-fi headphone package!
What you’ll get in this episode:
- Sarah recaps her 2018 CIM efficiency (2:30)
- Sarah displays on her determine skating days and the way she discovered operating (7:00)
- Sarah talks about her dating along with her sister — and whether they’re aggressive at the run (14:30)
- What it was once like being a aggressive runner in school (18:10)
- How Sarah runs 100-mile weeks whilst running a difficult profession in finance (22:10)
- If given the selection, would Sarah pass professional? (31:40)
- Sarah talks about her hamstring harm and getting thru a big setback (35:25)
- What it’s like competing on the Olympic Trials as a sub-elite runner (48:50)
- Sarah’s very best recommendation for coping with an harm (52:45)
What we point out in this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali at the Run Show! If you’re playing the display, please subscribe and depart a ranking and evaluate on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And for those who favored this episode, percentage it with your mates!