Meaghan Murphy, Executive Editor at Good HousekeepingAli On The Run
“The glass isn’t half empty. It’s not half full. It’s just refillable.” —Meaghan Murphy
Meaghan Murphy simply could be the real-life Energizer Bunny. As govt editor at Good Housekeeping, Meaghan has her fingers on each web page of each factor each month (and amusing reality: she will get per thirty days manicures to compare the duvet of every factor). Before coming to GH, Meaghan’s profession in publishing paralleled her existence: as a youngster, she labored at YM and Teen People. As a unmarried twenty-something dwelling in New York City, she labored at Cosmopolitan. When she began having children, she spent just about a decade as health director at Self. And now that she and her husband, 3 children (ages eight, 6, and five), and canine (Dempsey, a labradoodle!) have moved to a white-picket-fence space within the New Jersey suburbs, she’s at Good Housekeeping. (She’s additionally the Chief Spirit Officer of her the city, Westfield — although she’ll inform you it’s known as “Bestfield.”)
Meaghan is a big ball of power and positivity. (Case in level: She begins each day at precisely five:03 AM, whens he heads to a exercise together with her #goodvibetribe.) She’s type, assured, and loves growing old. But Meaghan has been via some stuff. On this episode, she opens up about her struggle with and restoration from anorexia. She talks in regards to the demanding situations of parenting. She will get into what makes a wedding paintings. And we shed a couple of tears in combination when she talks about #operationgoodgrief, and the way she healed from her dad’s dying. You’ll end this episode feeling energized, able to seek out the nice in each day, and excited to create your individual #yaylist.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali at the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wi-fi headphone package!
What you’ll get in this episode:
- Meaghan’s secret to staying satisfied and in love, reflecting at the first 10 years of her marriage (2:30)
- Meaghan stocks her love for New Jersey (five:50)
- What younger Meaghan dreamed about for her long run, and the way she were given began within the publishing trade (6:50)
- Meaghan on fearlessness (12:00)
- Meaghan seems to be again on her publishing profession because it paralleled her existence (13:45)
- Meaghan stocks how workout helped her get better from anorexia (19:15)
- What existence is like as govt editor of Good Housekeeping — plus insider intel she’s gleaned at the task, like any in regards to the dirtiest pieces in our houses! (25:05)
- Meaghan on motherhood, marriage, and parenting (31:25)
- Meaghan on self assurance (41:30)
- Meaghan on health (46:30)
- All about #operationgoodgrief (49:30)
- Meaghan talks about her superpower: her on/off transfer (56:10)
- How to be a amusing mother (59:00)
What we point out in this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali at the Run Show! If you’re playing the display, please subscribe and depart a ranking and evaluate on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you happen to preferred this episode, proportion it with your mates!